Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Mission Statement

My name is Sean McConnell and I am a writer you’ve never heard of. The purpose of 15 Feet is to provide thoughts and ruminations on a variety of topics: movies, music, books, art, news, etc. It is my goal to avoid (as much as is possible) the tendency to make this some kind of personal diary (shudder), although I admit that it will be very difficult to remove myself (i.e. personal experiences) from some of the discussions (probably most). There may be the occasional instance of shameless self-promotion; hopefully such instances will be handled with the appropriate humility if not a strong amount of embarrassment. The news media seems to be constantly telling me about the “blogger culture” and how it is taking over the world/influencing policy and information. I don’t know anything about that. In fact, I don’t know much about blogs. So, if anything I write is too juvenile, or not juvenile enough for the spectacular global community that is the internet, feel free to let me know. In fact, feel free to let me know if you have any thoughts whatsoever. Or, feel free to let me know you even found the page (assuming you don’t know me and I haven’t been shamelessly begging you to sneak a peek). I’m not an expert on anything, but since this is the internet, I assume that makes me an expert on things I don’t know anything about. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

No comments: