Thursday, June 28, 2007

Required Reading

It was my intent to write my thoughts regarding the new Die Hard movie (I’ll get to it next week), but recent events have left me quite shaken. Announcements yesterday of a congressional investigation into the office of the vice-president was welcome news, and, while reading Permanent Damage by Steven Grant, I clicked a link he provided a found myself reading series of reports that the Washington Post has been running on the vice-president titled “Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency”. I started the series believing I had a fair understanding of the extent to which Dick Cheney has mismanaged this country and damaged the office of the President. I had… no idea. I implore anyone who might be reading this blog, to please click on this link and read the stellar work that Barton Gellman and Joe Becker have done. If you don’t read these articles, then you must live with the fact that you have no interest whatsoever in the fundamental issues at the core of this nation—the economy, the environment, the war on terror, the office of the executive branch (or, apparently now, the legislative branch). If this is the case, the only real question left to ask is what kind of person are you?

No comments: