Friday, June 29, 2007

Is This the End: The N.E. Epilogue

So that we can finally move on as a society, here it is: The most complete New Edition playlist out there, arraigned in the best order possible. 1.2 hours of classic (R&B) boy-band goodness, as well as further proof that Ralph Tresvant is one of the all-time R&B front-men. The below songs are culled from one greatest hits record and two reunion albums, meaning you could save a lot of cash if you buy the singles straight off of I-Tunes (or however else you may get your music…). Enjoy the mix. Feel free to comment if you think I’ve forgotten anything (doubt it). I’m in the bunker the rest of weekend:

  1. “Can You Stand the Rain”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  2. “If it isn’t Love”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  3. “Something About You”, Home Again (the best BB & RT callabo…ever)
  4. “Count Me Out”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  5. “Cool It Now”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  6. “Candy Girl”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  7. “Hit Me Off”, Home Again
  8. “Best Man”, One Love
  9. “Mr. Telephone Man”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  10. “I’m Still in Love With You”, Home Again
  11. “One More Day”, Home Again (a truly beautiful Ricky Bell solo)
  12. “Re-Write the Memories”, One Love
  13. “Leave Me”, One Love
  14. “Newness”, One Love
  15. “Boys to Men, (Remix Version)”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1
  16. “Is this the End”, Greatest Hits, Vl.1

Possible thoughts next week: Nick Cave, Dick Cheney, Die Hard, the “Counsel of Democracies”, Melville, The Road

2 comments:

Gina Welch said...

This list is amazing, but I have to suggest the (new?) addition of two of my all-time faves:
N.E. Heartbreak and You're Not My Kind of Girl.

"You're not my kind of girl, 'cause you're the kind of girl a man would be proud to call his own..." That's a mystery for the ages. Or just a Madonna/Whore complex.

Drink this week?

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I do believe your blog may be having browser compatibility issues.

Whenever I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in Internet Explorer,
it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads
up! Other than that, wonderful blog!

Look into my web blog: Voice Recorder